Start your healing journey now at a Kokolulu cancer retreat.
Kokolulu philosophically embraces all modalities of medicine in the treatment of cancer. By combining Western, Eastern and Complimentary methods, a synergy is often achieved in healing that cannot be accomplished in embracing just one or two medicinal modalities.
If you are seeking personalized care and attention in a private, sanctuary setting – our 14 day personal retreat program is designed with you in mind.
During your stay here you can expect to receive one-on-one attention with our caring and professional staff members (we have no more than two people here during our 14 day retreats). All of our therapies, programs, excursions and workshops are personalized to meet your unique needs and situation.
The 14 day healing intensive - Healing From Cancer retreat gives you the time you’ll need to relax, get oriented and better prepared for your healing journey and transformation. Except during group retreats, Kokolulu Cancer Retreats in Hawaii is available to you any time of year.
Lodging and specially prepared meals are provided (most of the food comes from our organic farm or other farms in our area). We ascribe to and practice the philosophy "Food As Medicine" - Is what you eat contributing to your wellness or your disease? We will share with you what foods are beneficial to you, how to shop for them, and how to prepare them.
We also encourage participants to bring a friend or family support member to accompany them. Click here for details.
Our cancer retreats offer you empathy and support to learn and heal in professionally led workshops that include sessions such as:
• Using your cancer diagnosis as an event to redesign your life
• Food As Medicine - is what your eating contributing to your wellness or your disease
• Personal healing rituals and practices
• Setting the intention to heal
• Letting go of life-negating patterns
• The power of gratitude
• Embracing self-esteem
• Living an authentic life- What is it for me?
• Relationships - Food for life
• Your illness as a messenger
• Finding passion: what has heart and meaning
• Living in the now; What is my medicine?
• Dealing with doubt and fear
Reasons to Consider Kokolulu Cancer Retreats
1. You will receive personal attention, care and compassion from our professionally trained and experienced staff.
2. We take a special ‘Ohana (family)-style approach to our retreats.
3. You will experience and learn a blend of ancient and modern Western, Eastern and complimentary healing therapies.
4. You are given the tools and mindset to empower and take control of your life and your healing journey. These tools include exercise, nutrition, meditation, qigong, reiki, massage, guided imagery, laughter and other relaxation strategies.
5. You always get to make the final decision. We practice respectful, interactive decision-making.
Click here to view a sample day in the life of Kokolulu’s 14 day cancer retreat.
Please contact us to register for a 14 day Kokolulu healing intensive - Living with cancer retreat.
We offer complimentary therapies in dealing with cancer at Kokolulu
Therapies and Bodywork
· Guided Imagery
· Yoga Based Stretching
· Relaxation strategies
Activities and Excursions
· Tropical nature walks
· Organic gardening
· Beach trips for sand and salt-water detox
· Journal writing
· Visits to sacred Hawaiian healing sites
Workshops and Sessions
· Cancer and Relationships
· Managing depression and anxiety
. Dealing with fear and doubt
. Reinventing yourself
· Introduction to Hawaiian healing practices
· On-site staff nurse and therapist
Fresh, organic food grown on-site – papayas, mangos, pineapple, coffee, fresh vegetables and more!
Back to top
Sample Retreat Day
7:00 AM STRETCHING CLASS, WALK AROUND GROUNDS
8:00 - 9:00 AM QIGONG MEDITATION, QUIET TIME
9:00 -10:00 AM BREAKFAST SOCIAL HOUR
10:00 -12:30 PM SESSION: Topics can include setting intention to heal,imagery and other relaxation tools, nutrition/food as medicine in healing, managing doubt, fear, managing depression and anxiety; laughter, play. How cancer affects relationships and families. Understanding death and dying, as a tool to living ones life fully.
12:30 -1:30 PM LUNCH
1:30-3:00 PM REST & PRIVATE TIME, for use of self-help tools for relaxation/meditation.
3:00 - 5:00 PM SESSION: Topics may include body/mind techniques, relaxation, Inner wisdom, increasing self-appreciation, Lightness of being Humor and Play, reinventing yourself, and reentry into a productive life
5:00 - 6:00 EXERCISE OR BODYWORK
6:00 PM DINNER
8:00 PM Evening QiGong
Rest and Sweet Dreams!
Learn more about Your Teachers, or please contact us to register for a Kokolulu personal retreat.